Call Today 888.836.2396
How Can I Give My Notice?

How Can I Give My Notice?

As we've discussed in earlier "Eviction Series" blogs, there are very specific steps which must be followed when evicting a tenant. Failing to follow the proper guidelines can result in a time-consuming legal headache, which is why it's critical to consult with a skilled Rancho Cucamonga eviction lawyer.

How to Serve An Eviction Notice in California

Whether you are giving your tenant a 3-day, 30-day, or 60-day notice, you must properly “serve” your notice in order for it to be effective. There are three ways to serve your notice in Rancho Cucamonga:

  1. Personal Service: You or someone over the age of 18 can give the notice directly to the tenant
  2. Substituted Service: If the tenant is not home, you may leave the notice with a member of the household that is at least 18 years old. In addition, make sure to mail a copy of the notice to the tenant at the property.
  3. Posting & Mailing: You can tape or nail the notice in a easily visible area if no one is home to receive the notice. Be sure to also send a copy of the notice through the mail.

Figuring out which kind of notice to give can be daunting. Contact Atlantis Law today for a quick and hassle free eviction.


Contact Us Today

All Consultations are Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.