Call Today 888.836.2396
Family-Based Immigration Lawyers

Family-Based Immigration

Rancho Cucamonga Immigration Lawyers

If you have family members who are already living in the United States, then you may want to immigrate using the family-based immigration process. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services offers visas for individuals who are directly related to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Your Options if Your Immediate Relative Is a U.S. Citizen

U.S. citizens have the right to bring immediate relatives (IR) with them to the United States. These family members will not automatically become citizens, but they can be sponsored for a visa and eventually receive a green card, putting them on the path to citizenship. If your loved one is already a U.S. citizen, then you may be able to come to America on an IR visa.

Types of IR visas commonly used include the following:

  • IR-1 — spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • IR- 2 — U.S. citizen's unmarried child who is under 21 years of age
  • IR-3 — orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
  • IR- 4 — orphan to be adopted domestically by a U.S. citizen
  • IR- 5 — parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21

Your Options if Your Relative Is a Permanent Resident

Individuals can also apply to enter the U.S. on a family-preference immigrant visa. Only a limited number of these visas are made available, and they are given to individuals who have relatives who are lawful permanent residents in the United States but are not yet citizens.

Family-preference visas include:

  • F1 — This visa is for unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their minor children. Only 23,400 of these visas are given out every year.
  • F2 — This visa is for spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters over 21. Approximately 114,200 of these visas are granted to immigrants each year.
  • F3 — This visa is given to a married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen along with his or her spouse and minor children. Only 23,400 of these visas are given out annually.
  • F4 — This visa is given to the brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children. The citizens must be 21 years of age. Approximately 65,000 of these visas are given out every year.

Choose the caring guidance of Atlantis Law Firm!

Atlantis Law Firm can help you with your family-based visa issues. Whether you are applying for residency or are trying to figure out a way to enter the U.S. on a visa, the firm can guide you through the process. This skilled team will do everything that they can to help reunite you with your family legally.

Get in touch with a Rancho Cucamonga immigration attorney from the firm today to discuss your options!

Everyone Has a Story.
Let Yours Have a Happy Ending.

  • “Atlantis Law has been everything I could have hoped for.”


  • “Trust Atlantis Law firm for all your Legal Needs.”


  • “ I would definitely recommend Atlantis Law!”


  • “Atlantis Law is the best bankruptcy law firm in this area.”


  • “Thank you for all the hard work you did on our case.”

    Julie & Pat


  1. Free Initial Consultations
  2. We Speak Spanish & Vietnamese
  3. 100% Success Rate for Chapter 7 Bankruptcies
  4. One on One Attention For Every Client
  5. After Hour Appointments Available
  6. Free Educational Seminars & Pro Bono Services
  7. Affordable Payment Plans
Contact Us To Learn About Your Options
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.